VERY SOON GLORY DOME WILL BECOME TOO SMALL FOR US
DIRECTION FROM THE LORD MAY ARRIVE IN THE FORM OF A DREAM AS IT WAS WITH JOSEPH
DIRECTION FROM THE LORD IS THE MOST CRITICAL PART FOR MINISTRY
BEYOND READING AND HEARING THE WORD, WE CAN SEE SOMETHING FROM THE WORD
WE PUT CHAIRS FOR OVERFLOW IN AREA ONE CHURCH EVEN WHEN THE SANCTUARY WAS NOT YET FILLED BECAUSE OF VISION
THERE’S A CONNECTION BETWEEN YOUR HEART’S BURDEN AND YOUR LIFE’S BEARING
THERE’S A CONNECTION BETWEEN YOUR PASSION AND YOUR PURPOSE OR VISION
WHAT GOD WILL USE YOU TO HEAL, HE WILL FIRST CAUSE YOU TO FEEL
THE REASON WHY OUR PASSIONS ARE DIFFERENT IS BECAUSE OUR PURPOSES ARE DIFFERENT
WE ARE NOT TRYING TO MAKE A SHOW OR PROVE BOLDNESS WHEN WE TALK ABOUT THE CHALLENGES OF NIGERIA
WHAT YOU PASSED THROUGH IS CONNECTED TO SOMETHING THAT WILL PASS THROUGH YOU
WHAT YOU ARE WIRED TO DO DETERMINES WHAT YOU WILL BE HIRED TO DO BY GOD, BY YOUR GENERATION
WHAT YOU CAN DO AFFECTS HOW HIGH YOU CLIMB IN LIFE
YOUR POTENTIAL BECOMES YOUR VISION
I PROPHESY TO YOU; THE GOOD THINGS YOU’RE SEEING AROUND THAT YOU DESIRE IN YOUR LIFE SHALL BE REPRODUCED IN YOUR LIFE
YOU PLAY YOUR ROLE AT YOUR BEST WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONNECT WITH GOOD ROLE MODELS
GROWING UP, I HAD T. L AND DAISY OSBORNE, CHARLES AND FRANCES HUNGDR AND KENNETH AND GLORIA COPELAND AS MY ROLE MODELS IN MARRIAGE
THE REASON WHY SO MANY PEOPLE IN OUR GENERATION DON’T ACHIEVE MUCH IS BECAUSE THEY’RE BUSY ATTACKING THOSE THEY SHOULD LEARN FROM
WE CAUGHT THE VISION FOR GLORY DOME WHEN I SAW PAPA OYEDEPO START AND FINISH A 50,000-SEATER FAITH TABERNACLE
DON’T TOY WITH MENTORSHIP
– Dr. Pastor Paul Enenche on “ACCESSING VISION” || Sunday Combined Service || Glory Dome, Abuja.
Habakkuk 2:1-3. The Lord bless His Word in Jesus’ precious name.
Subject this morning is “Accessing Vision”. Our objective is understanding what it takes to arrive at vision. Church Gist. We already saw the way of vision, the vision process but what does it take to arrive at vision.
There are many people today who want to live by vision, they want to live on purpose but they sincerely do not know how to arrive at vision. Church Gist. “What do I spend my life pursuing? How do I know what to place in front of me? How do I avoid the tragedy of random living, the tragedy of chance existence? How do I know where to direct my time, energy and resources and not waste them?” I’m going to give us 5 channels of accessing vision.
1. Direction from the Lord. Habakkuk 2:1. Direction from the Lord may arrive in the form of a dream as it was with Joseph when he dreamt the dream in Genesis 37:5-9. Church Gist. The dream that was showing him his future and what he was going to do with his life. It may also arrive in the form of a voice like the voice of God that spoke to Saul of Tarsus in Acts 9:3-6. That voice was giving him direction of what he was to do with his life, direction for his vision. It might come in the form of that kind of a dream, it might come in the form of that kind of a voice, voice of a spirit, voice that is audible or any way the Lord chooses to speak to a person. Church Gist. Direction can come through any avenue that the Lord chooses to speak to a person.
My call into the Ministry came by direction by the Lord. I came to the point in my life where I knew that my life must go in a certain direction, I didn’t know which direction. “Go towards further medical trainings or practice, ministry. what am I to do?” Church Gist. I went before the Lord and He spoke to me and said that what he’s been telling me about years ago, like 10 years or more, the time for that thing has come and so on and so forth. That is why we are here this morning. I want to say that of all the channels in which a person may access vision or access their purpose for life, direction from the Lord is the most critical part for Ministry. Church Gist. That is, if it is the call unto preaching or to Pastoring, God must give direction. It must be spoken, it must be seen, it’s not something to be assumed, it’s not something to be inferred. Church Gist. We will look at the place of potentials later but that is not valid here, nobody can say “I know how to talk, so I’m a Pastor or a Preacher”, no, it has to come from direction from the Lord.
2. Revelation from the Word. Where you’re studying the Word of God and you began to see something from the Word. I will like to say that the Scripture itself makes it clear that beyond reading the Word and hearing the Word, we can see the Word or see something from the Word. Church Gist. Habakkuk 2:1. So, when God is speaking, he expects us to see. Jeremiah 2:31. 1 Samuel 3:21. So, when God speaks, He expects us to see something. Church Gist. In this case, out of the Word of God, a vision can be birthed. You knew something to do, something became a picture from the Scripture. A purpose became clear.
In Area one Church in those days, I look at the Scripture of Mark 2:1 and I saw that Jesus was in the House and it was noised abroad that He was in the House. Mark 2:2. Church Gist. From the Scripture, I caught a vision that Jesus is in the House, there will not be room to carry the people. He said, “where 2 or 3 are gathered, I am there”, so, He’s there and if He’s there, then there’s no room. So, before the sanctuary was ever filled to any extent, we put chairs outside for the people that will be outside that have not come at all. That is why I’m aware that we will run overflow services here multiple times shortly. Church Gist. It has happened before, over and over again. (At Area one), people were not anywhere, we put chairs outside. For a long time, chairs were outside empty, the sanctuary was not yet filled and suddenly the vision became reality, they began to come and the sanctuary got filled and then the overflow got filled, then the premises got filled, then outside the fence got filled. Church Gist. Then, when we got too filled, we realized that the place became too small for us, we moved here and very soon, this place will also become too small for us. Everytime it was a vigil time, I was under pressure because crowds were everywhere, crowd was on the road and the prayer, apart from praying for the people to be free, was that the rain should not fall on the people. Church Gist. The night vigil was every month, so during the rainy season, I don’t know God helped us, during rainy season, it was there but there was the vision. See, that is how the Scripture can give you the picture of your future that you can capture in order to feature. Church Gist. That is how the Scripture can give you the picture that you will use to venture in order to capture the future that you will feature in.
– somebody say a loud Amen
– lift your right hand and say “oh Lord, open my eyes to behold wonders of our your Word. Help me to see something”.
It can be something about your life, your assignment, your future, your job. It can be something about even your health. Papa Oyedepo saw Matthew 8:17. He said that “took”, he saw it physically. Church Gist. He saw himself as if he was carrying something on his body and Himself (God) took. He said, if He (God) has taken, then it cannot be there. And on the basis of that, he’s not planning to be sick, he can’t be sick because when He ‘took’, he saw it. Church Gist.Many of us read it but we never saw it.
– today, in the name of Jesus, somebody shall see something! If you’re the one who will see something, shout a louder Amen.
3. Passion and compassion of the heart. Please understand that there’s a connection between your heart’s burden and your life’s bearing. Church Gist. It is possible to discover your bearing by discovering your burden. There’s a connection between your passion and your purpose or vision. The passion of your heart is connected to the purpose or vision of your life. Nehemiah 1:1-4. This man was already the King’s cup bearer, a private staff of the King of Persia but he had a burden for the land of his fathers. Church Gist. That burden made the king release him back to fulfill that burden in the land of his fathers to become the rebuilder of the wall of Jerusalem. It was in his heart, it was a concern, it was a burden and that became his life’s bearing. Church Gist. Many people are trying to ignore the burden and struggling to find their bearing. It does not work.
Acts 7:23. Moses was going to be the deliverer of Israel, God was putting it in his heart. He was placing it in his heart and as it was in his heart, God put it in his hand. Church Gist. Is God speaking to anybody here at all? Listen to this; there’s a connection between what you feel and what you will heal. What God will use you to heal, He will first cause you to feel. There’s a connection between feeling and healing. Church Gist. Nehemiah felt the pains of the broken down walls of Jerusalem and God used him to heal that which he felt. David felt the pains of Israel before Goliath, ” who is this uncircumcised Philistine that he will defy the army of the living God?” His brother, Eliab, felt nothing.
You know, the reason why our passions are different is because our purposes are different. Eliab felt nothing, “you naughty boy, what are you talking about?” David turn aside and said, “what have I now done? Is there not a curse? Can’t you feel what I feel? Should an uncircumcised Philistine, a non-covenant child of the devil humiliate the people of my God like this and I should keep quiet? I should watch God mocked like this and I will keep quiet? Church Gist. If you don’t have purpose, I have purpose. If you don’t know what to do with your life, I know what to do with my life. If nothing is paining you, something is paining me” and God used him to take down that Goliath that he felt pained about. Am I communicating?
Why are there not many people who are talking about the challenges of Nigeria? Aimlessness, purposelessness regarding the destiny of our nation. Church Gist. As if Church can happen if there’s no country, as if services can hold if the roads are loaded with terrorists everywhere. When we talk, we are not trying to make a show or prove boldness, it’s like a lion is not trying to be bold by roaring, that is its nature. An eagle is not trying to prove a point by flying 10,000 metres above sea level, that is its realm. Church Gist. That is how burden and passion is. What is driving you determines what you can drive. What moves you determines what you can move, what touches you determines what you can touch.
Joseph was feeling bad about the state of the prisoners, himself was a prisoner, “why is your countenance sad like this?” Other prisoners saw the same butler and the same baker and they didn’t care, “if you like die, are we not all in prison? Why are you squeezing your face as if you want to cut the face? Anything you want, do with your life, this is prison”. Not Joseph. “Are you okay? Why are you looking like this?” Church Gist. Because he has the mantle of a deliverer, he hated oppression with passion. He has an anointing to put smiles on faces and delete the frown from people’s faces. So, when he saw that, he moved, then God took him above the whole country and said, “Joseph, you have this burden, this is your bearing, I put you in charge of helping people out of sorrow”.
– somebody say a loud Amen.
Some of us, your burden and passion can come from what you have passed through and experienced before. Church Gist. That is, “nobody that I know or in my lineage must experience poverty. Poverty is a devil”. That is someone for example, you came out through the most terrible background of life.
My marital harmony and dignity came out of the background of the kind of marriages that I experienced while growing up, it’s not what I want to see and my children will see what I never saw and my wife will see what my mother never experienced. So, out of that background, I caught the vision of living a harmonious family life. Church Gist. My children have enjoyed their lives, have enjoyed their lives and will continue to enjoy their lives. One yound girl met me the other day with her mother, she said to me, “when I see you and your children, I wish I had a father like that. The Lord bless you”. So, there are things that you pass through that will affect what will pass through you. Church Gist. What you passed through is connected to something that will pass through you. What you passed through may be negative, what is passing through becomes positive. There’s a connection between what you suffered and what you will offer. That is, you made up your mind that “what I suffered, my generation cannot suffer, my family and the people I know cannot suffer” and you deploy yourself so your vision can come out of your passion and compassion, even out of the pressure that you have gone through in life.
– somebody say a loud Amen.
– it’s a new day for you.
– God will use you to cause drastic positive changes in your generation.
– what you suffered in time past of your life, your generation will never suffer! Your children will never suffer! Your family members will never suffer!
4. Manifestation of Potentials. Potential is key to purpose and vision. Proverbs 22:29. Proverbs 18:16. Listen to this, what you’re wired to do determines what you will be hired to do by God, by your generation. Church Gist. You have been wired for things, what you’re wired to do is what you will be hired to do both by God and by your generation. What do I mean by ‘wired’? Let me use the aircraft example. There’s a difference between the helicopter and the fixed-wing aircraft, the jets and all that. Because the helicopter is wired differently, it has a purpose to land and takeoff anywhere but it cannot fly too fast or too high and it has a limitation by its wiring. You can’t take a helicopter and say, “I’m traveling to America”, no, “I’m going to the UK”, except you’re ready to sleep on the road for 4-5 days. Church Gist. That is its different wiring. Then, you have the jet, it’s wired differently. Then, you have the cargo plane. The cargo has no window, it’s not meant to carry people, it’s meant to carry load, it’s wired differently. Then, you have the big Airbus, Boeing 777, it can carry 300-400 people, wired differently. Then you have the fighter aircraft, it’s wired differently. This one is movement forward, it’s devastation backward. If it passes, people perish. It’s wired differently. If you see the pilots that can fly this (fighter aircraft), they are very rugged. Church Gist. They can fly it sideways, they can turn it upside down, very rugged. And as they are, so are we. We have different wirings, some of us are fighter aircrafts looking for lecturer to beat in the night, who will not let students rest. Look at somebody by your side and say, “what is your wiring?”
– give the Lord a big clap and the loudest shout of praise.
So, your aptitude, what you can do determines your altitude, it determines how high you can fly. What you can do affects how high you climb in life. Church Gist. So, this is a point you look into yourself and your potentials and it can begin to create visions.
Joseph led in the house of Potiphar, he managed it well, went further and managed the prison well and then, he became the manager of the whole nation of Egypt. Church Gist. David had the potential of bringing down lions and deers and that gave him the vision that Goliath was destroyable. Daniel had the potential of dreams and dreams interpretation, that took him to the palace. So, you watch yourself, “what are the gifts in me? What are the potentials I carry and how do I take my potentials to the highest level?” It becomes a vision. Church Gist. What God has given me the capacity and ability to do, how do I move it to the highest level of it? It becomes a vision.
One of my relations, when I was growing up as a child at 12-14 years, he told me, he said, “you have a way with words. The way you play with words, in time to come, you’re either going to address people or speak or teach or lecture or something. It is easy for you to organize and just go through with words”. Church Gist. He was saying what he saw. Those close to you, including yourself can make certain comments about you based on what they see consistently that could have a bearing with what you may do.
Let me say this on the final note here; I heard a story of Children in America because most times, parents encourage the children to play different games and so when the child is young, I heard that they will put various of the balls in front of crawling child, “this is table tennis, bandmiton, lawn tennis, football, baseball, handball or any of the other balls” and then the child will crawl and go and arrest the basketball for example. Church Gist. They will change the arrangement, he will still crawl to where the basketball is. They will say, “okay, this boy is a basketballer”. So, they will guard him in that game, direct him, arrange him and point him in that direction. You know, children are arrows according to Scripture and the purpose of an arrow is to be aimed, you aim them well. That is why it is important to understudy and know your children so you can guide them and aim them at their direction. Church Gist. Then, this child grows up and then the child begins to go for basketball and before you know it, he is a world renowned basketballer because that potential was discovered in childhood. What you love to do has a connection with what you will live to do. I’m not talking of negative things, nobody should say, “I love to eat” which means you will live to eat, no. Hallelujah. So, this is the place of potentials.
– lift your right hand and say after me, Father, I receive the grace to discover everything you have put inside me. I receive that grace now in the name of Jesus, to discover everything you have put inside me. Thank you Lord in the name of Jesus.
– give the Lord the praise.
5. Through Inspiration from higher vessels or mentors. Acts 4:13. A wise man said, “if I have seen any farther, it is by standing on the shoulders of those who have gone ahead of time”. Judges 7:17. You play your role well when you have connected with good role models. Church Gist. You play your role at your best when you have been able to connect with good role models. You go through Scriptures, you will see the example of Peter and John, the inspiration they drew from Jesus. You look at Peter especially in Acts 9:40-41, how Jesus raised the Jairus’ daughter became a pattern for how Peter will raise Dorcas from the dead. He saw it. What of Elijah? 2 Kings 2:8. What did Elisha do? 2 Kings 2:13-14. He saw what his master did. Church Gist. He saw it from his father and it became his vision, “me too, I will part the Jordan” and he was able to part the Jordan.
– somebody say a loud Amen.
T. L. Osborne watched William Brown minister after T. L. Osborne had come back from India as a ‘failed’ missionary and he saw the ministration and all manner of miracles were happening and the voice of the Lord began to speak to him, “you too can do that”, that was what Jesus did, the Apostles did the same. Long story made short, Osborne went from there, locked up himself in prayer and the same order or miracles became his order by watching a role model. Church Gist. Benson Idahosa was on the grounds of Oral Roberts university, also Papa Oyedepo, on the grounds there, and looked and said, “this can happen anywhere. God did this” and the rest of it, they say, is history.
When I was growing up as a young man, I had 3 models for marriage, in the life of T. L. Osborne and Daisy Osborne. They were just like that, ministered together. Church Charles and Frances Hunter, were in healing ministry, how to heal the sick, they were models. Then, Kenneth and Gloria Copeland. Church Gist. I saw these 3 models before I ever got married. How a man and his wife can be in ministry and serve God together and have a beautiful marital relationship. I looked at it and said, “this is the kind of life I’m going to live” and God has given us the grace to see such kind of things. I have ministered in places, Dr. Mrs. Enenche has stepped in to minister, the blind saw, the deaf heard, the crippled walk and so on and so forth. One day, when she was posted to Pastor Church in Mararaba, she said, “Sir, we have organized crusade and we want you to be the guest speaker”. Church Gist. I said, “okay, I’m coming”. So, I arrived and they gave me the microphone and I said, “in the name of Jesus, all of you are blessed, the Lord cause His face to shine upon you, it is well with you and all your miracles, God will answer in Jesus’ name. Bye, have a wonderful evening, Dr. Mrs Enenche will continue the preaching”. She said, “what? You’re leaving me? What do you expect me to do? You’re the one that will preach”. Open air crusade, in 2005. I entered the car, she said, when she was watching me entering the car, “you mean you’re going to go like that?” I said, “I’ve already gone”. Church Gist. That day, what happened after? All manner of things. Sickle cell anaemia, child that was SS turned to AA, all manner happened. I did like a mother eagle that will push off the eaglet and say to the eaglet, ‘push out your wing and fly, you too have wings”.
The reason why so many people in our generation don’t achieve much is because they’re busy attacking those they should learn from. Church Gist. They’re busy criticizing people that God put in front of them. It’s a terrible demon in our generation. What about this sanctuary? I saw God’s servant, Bishop Oyedepo started a 50,000-seater auditorium, the Faith tabernacle. I saw the foundation, I saw the ground breaking, I saw the building rose, we drove round it. Church Gist. When the roof was being done, we were there. We had services in it when the roof wasn’t completed yet. The rain beat us under it in August, I believe it was 1998. So, when it was time, when God said something like this was to happen, there was no batting of the eyelids, I have seen it before. Church Gist. If it’s possible there, it is possible here. I saw how that place ran one service, two services, three services. “Wow, 50,000-seater can be filled until it has 3 services. Alright, it means that 75,000, 100,000-seater, any seater can be filled”. What a mighty God we serve.
– I prophesy to you, the good things you’re seeing around that you desire in your life shall be reproduced in your life!
– look at your neighbour and say, “I am being inspired so I cannot expire”.
That is how inspiration from higher vessels affect your life. Church Gist. Please don’t toy with Spiritual coverage, don’t toy with Spiritual fathering, don’t toy with mentorship. It has a lot to do with what you can see and what you can become.
What do I do to access these visions through these 5 channels?
1. Delight yourself in the Lord. You want to see what God wants you to do with your life and become what God want you to become in life, delight yourself in the Lord. Psalm 37:4. Church Gist. Another way to say it is, delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you what to desire. He will cause you to desire what is correct.
2. Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Trust God to the point where you’re convinced that God will not mismanage your life. Proverbs 3:5.
3. Lean not unto your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5. Don’t depend on just your own intelligence. Yes, you have realized your potentials, you have seen this and that, still go before God. “Lord, I’m not trusting in my intelligence and wisdom. Church Gist. I want you to guide me into what you want me to do with my life and what you want me to see”.
4. In all your ways, acknowledge him. Proverbs 3:6. Every step you want to take, marital step, career step, business step, in all your ways, acknowledge Him. Church Gist. The outcome of it is, He shall direct your path, He shall lead you to what He wants to do with your life.
– somebody say a loud Amen.