YOU SURVIVED CORO PHYSICALLY; MAKE SURE THAT YOU SURVIVE SPIRITUALLY. GET UP AND GET BACK TO CHURCH!
THE HEAVENS CAN OPEN WHEN GOD WANTS TO BRING IN A BRAND NEW ERA.
GOD IS A GREAT RECORD KEEPER. THERE IS NOTHING YOU HAVE DONE THAT GOD HAS NOT NOTICED
THE HEAVENS WILL OPEN UNTO YOU AND YOUR HARVEST WILL BEGIN!
THIS WEEK THE ALMIGHTY GOD WILL PREPARE YOUR HELPERS AHEAD AND CONNECT YOU TO THEM
WHEN THE HEAVENS OPEN, GOD BRINGS CONNECTIONS
GOD CAN INTRODUCE YOU TO THOSE WHO WILL HELP YOU (YOUR CHILDREN) EVEN AFTER YOU ARE GONE
THE HEAVENS CAN OPEN TO WELCOME HOME A GREAT WARRIOR OF CHRIST
IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MAN TO DIE; IT IS CRUCIAL TO BE READY FOR THE APPOINTED TIME
– Pastor E. A. Adeboye on “FOR WHOM THE HEAVENS OPEN (Part 9)” || RCCG Online Sunday Service || 19th March, 2023
Praise the Lord!
We’ve been looking at a series, “FOR WHOM THE HEAVENS OPEN.” Last Sunday we started looking at Joshua 5:13-15. By way of revision, we said last Sunday that this Sunday afternoon series came as a result of the lockdown that came during Coro. Church Gist. We thank the Almighty God that you survived Coro.
– In the mighty name of Jesus Christ if there’s any relation of Coro that is still to come, you will also survive.
But Coro didn’t kill you physically; don’t let it kill you spiritually because if you stop going to Church long after the way have been cleared, it is because Coro now wants to make sure you get away from the heat that is generated when children of God gather together. And before you know it, you who has been boiling hot for God, you are now sitting down at home waiting for the afternoon session where Daddy G. O will be preaching. Church Gist. Thank God for this series, thank God that up till now God has not said, stop it. If he says, stop it, I will stop it. But if it continues and I pray that it will, don’t forget it is not an alternative to your going to Church. You survived physically, make sure that you survive spiritually. Get up and get back to Church. Get back to corporate anointing.
When a prayer is said in the Church and you’re saying, Amen, there are hundreds of other people saying Amen with you. The combination of their Amen is going to bring quick answer to your prayers. The Word of God made it abundantly clear in Psalm 67:5-7 meaning that when you’re in a congregation and together they are lifting up their voices together in praise, the kind of blessing that will come down will bring fear to your enemies. Church Gist. Your Halleluyah alone in your room does not have the same impact as the Halleluyah you say in Church. Get back to Church and do so immediately. It is in your own interest and the Almighty God will bless you.
Last week we said that there are several reasons why the Heavens could open. The Heavens does not just open but it opens on purpose:
1. It can open because God wants to reach out to pluck someone special out of the jaws of death. We gave examples of Daniel, Peter
2. When God wants to reach out to lift up someone who is practically drowning. The more he struggles to get out, the deeper he goes. Church Gist. God will stretch out and grab that fellow because underneath are his everlasting arms. Then he begins to promote the fellow.
3. When God wants to knock down somebody who deserves to be knocked down. We gave illustrations that when God discovered that a king was becoming too big for his shoes, he knocked him down for 7 years so that he could eat grass like an animal
4. When God wants to arrest someone who might be trying to block the way of the spread of the gospel of the Almighty God.
Now we go on to
5. The Heavens could open to bring in a brand new era. When God wants to make a mighty change either in the life of a person, family, nation, the Heavens can open. The example can be found in Acts 10:1-48. From verse 1-7, the Heavens opened for a man called Cornelius. Church Gist. Even though he wasn’t a Christian, he has been steadily serving God, giving offerings, alms, doing good. One day, all his labours of love came up for remembrance and the Heavens opened unto him. God sent him an angel.
– There are many of us who have been serving God steadfastly, sowing, giving, tithing and God has been keeping record. God is a great record keeper.
There is nothing you’ve done for God in secret that God has not noted. Nothing! The Bible says he is such a great record keeper that even if an hair of your head should fall to the ground, God took note. The Bible says, there’s nothing hidden before God. Church Gist. There’s nothing you have done that God has not took notice. The Bible says God is not unjust that he will forget your labours of love. He does not forget, he has been taking account.
– I pray that the Heavens will open unto you and your harvest will begin!
But at the same time that the Angel was visiting Cornelius, the heavens was also opening to someone called Peter (Acts 10:9-20) because God needed Peter in what he was about to do in the life of Cornelius. So while an angel was visiting Cornelius, the heavens was opening to Peter and he saw vision that was going to change his theology because Peter was convinced that he must never go to the house of a gentile. Church Gist. He must never touch something he called unclean and God wanted to show him, what you think was unclean is no longer unclean. I am about to do something new. The heavens can open when God is about to begin a new era.
– I am believing God that there is going to be a new era in your life, family, even in our Church!
Because I could remember clearly the oppositions we faced when we said we wanted to start what we call, “the model parishes.” It was to be a new era. Opposition was very stiff. We needed Churches to spread fast and in a place like Lagos they said, “how is that going to happen?” So we decided, well, there may not be buildings available to rent for Churches but there are hotels. When we decided that we will begin to hold services even in hotels, some people thought the hotel is a house of sin. Church Gist. That’s what they call it. When there were no more hotels to hire, we said we will move to beer parlours, night clubs. They told me, how can you? A preacher of holiness go and start churches in night clubs? I told them, all night long on Saturdays they party at night clubs. On Sunday they will be at home sleeping. The night club is always free on Sunday morning. “With all the rubbish that had been done?” We get there on Sunday morning, we know alcohol had flowed freely and alcohol is called spirit; we bring in the Holy Spirit. Church Gist. Clear off everything that God has not planted in the place – a new era because heaven opened.
– I pray that the Almighty God will open the heavens to you and bring about a new era in your life, business, in your Churches.
6. The heavens could open when God wants to introduce a special personality. Matthew 3:16-17.
– I pray that as you are listening to me today, the heavens will open and the Holy Spirit will come afresh upon you and that God will speak concerning you and introduce you to the world afresh and let your friends, relatives, colleagues know you are special! That you are the beloved of God.
It takes just an act of the Almighty God to show everybody, this fellow is special. It takes God to introduce you and he can do so.
I still remember clearly the case of a sister. She came to one of the programs and God spoke and said, there is one fellow here: the person who is not allowing you to marry unless she repents, she will die within a week. Church Gist. She got home, told the mother and the mother followed her to Church and was very upset with me. When I told her that I didn’t mention her name, she asked the girl to get out and said, “well, I am not asking her not to marry. It’s just that if she goes, who is going to take care of me?” Any way, we’ve sorted out the issue.
Within a week, somebody who had been in the same Church with this girl for years, suddenly his eyes opened and saw, “ah! This is the one that God meant for me.” Church Gist. God introduced her.
– May the Almighty God introduce you!
– May the Almighty God point you out to somebody who will help you!
It took God to introduce Cornelius to Peter. Peter wasn’t coming to help a Gentile but God had gone ahead. He had told Cornelius, there is a fellow called Peter and gave him the address where Peter was staying and said, go and get him. Church Gist. By the time the messengers came God spoke to Peter and said, alright, some people are looking for you. Go with them. When the heavens open, he brings connections. He brings the one who needs help to the one who wants to help or who can help.
– I am praying that this week in particular the Almighty God will connect you to the one who can help you and prepare them ahead to come and bring you help.
Matthew 17:1-7. It was not going to be long before Jesus departed from the world and there are 3 special people who were to continue with the ministry. They needed to be told specifically, “obey this fellow. Whatever he asks you to do, that’s what you must do.” Church Gist. When Heavens open, the Almighty God can guarantee your legacy. He can take care of what’s going to happen when the Heavens open. He can introduce you to those who will help you even after you are gone.
As the elders will say, the one who helps you after you are gone is more important than the one who helps you when you are here. Church Gist. Some of us we need Heavens to open so that God can introduce us to those who will help us even after we are gone.
– I pray that the Almighty God will open the Heavens to you and introduce you to those people who will be helpful to your children even after you are gone!
7. The Heavens can open to welcome home a great warrior of Christ. The Heavens can open when a warrior is going home. I am sure many of you will say, well we don’t want to talk about that because we are not ready to go home yet. I agree and in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, none of you will die young. But it is appointed unto man to die. Every body has an appointed time and when that appointed time comes, there is nothing anybody can do. Church Gist. So what is crucial is to be ready for that time when the appointed time will come. Acts 7:55-56. Now the Bible says the Lord when he finished his work wasn’t standing. He was seated. Colossians 3:1. But on this occasion, he was standing. What does that mean? John 14:1-3. Jesus saw a warrior finishing his assignment. He was a young man, he wasn’t old but he has finished his assignment.
– I pray for you that after you have finished your assignment, you will not spend an extra day in this wretched world.
My prayer is that you will finish your assignment; that you will finish strong, will finish well and I pray you will never become a relic. A relic is someone who used to be useful and is no longer useful. O God, before I become a relic please take me away. I want to assure you that going to Heaven is easy. Church Gist. If you lift up your eyes and you already see the Lord standing to say, come home my son I am waiting for you… I am sure Stephen was glad; he was so glad that he prayed for those who were killing him. I believe that he prayed that prayer as a prayer of gratitude. I have told you before: the only thing that will not allow you to kill yourself after you have seen Heaven is because if you commit suicide you won’t make it to Heaven. Church Gist. That place is beautiful mehn! So the Heavens opened to say, come home to a warrior who has finished well.