FAITH IS A LIVING FORCE, DRAWN FROM THE LIVING WORD TO CREATE LIVING PROOFS – Bishop David Oyedepo
FAITH IS FAKE IF IT LACKS PROOF BECAUSE IT IS PROOF THAT VALIDATES FAITH.
WHENEVER FAITH COMES ALIVE, VICTORY COMES ALONG.
THE WORD IS NOT JUST WHAT YOU CARRY IN YOUR HAND. THE WORD IS THE PERSON – JESUS.
THERE IS NO SICKNESS, NO DISEASE, NO PAIN THAT THE ANCIENT LIVING WORD CAN NOT HANDLE.
JESUS DIDN’T HAVE TO TOUCH THE WOMAN WITH THE ISSUE OF BLOOD BEFORE SHE WAS HEALED. ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS TOUCH HIM.
OUR FAITH SHOULD NOT BE PLACED ON THE ONE WHO LAY HANDS ON US. OUR FAITH SHOULD RELY ON THE ONE WE LAY ON – JESUS.
YOU CAN’T HAVE FAITH WITHOUT FAITH IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
IN FAITH, HUMANITY IS ENGRAFTED INTO DIVINITY, THEREBY BECOMING DIVINITY.
NO MATTER THE RECORDS YOUR PARENTS HAVE SET, 5 YEARS AFTER GRADUATION YOU WILL BREAK THAT RECORD!
ARCHBISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA CONFRONTED witches WHO WERE BENT ON HOLDING THEIR INTERNATIONAL witches CONFERENCE IN BENIN CITY BUT IT NEVER HELD BECAUSE HE STOPPED IT.
WE HAVE SO MUCH REVELATION BUT SO LITTLE ACTION IN THIS GENERATION.
THERE IS ALWAYS A FRACTION OF THE UNKNOWN IN EVERY INSTRUCTION OF FAITH.
THOSE WHO FEAR MEN WILL HAVE THEIR FAITH CHALLENGED IN GOD.
WAITING TO GET ALL THE DETAILS BEFORE TAKING A STEP IS NOT FAITH.
STUDY MEN LIKE DR. DAVID OYEDEPO, REINHARD BONNKE, BILLY GRAHAM, ARCHBISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA, W.F. KUMUYI IF YOU MUST MAKE IMPACT IN LIFE.
“IF YOU ARE NOT INSPIRED, YOU WILL EXPIRE” – ARCHBISHOP BENSON IDAHOSA.
IF YOU ARE TRULY READING THE THINGS SOME OF US READ, YOU WILL NOT BE SATISFIED WITH THE HAPPENINGS IN YOUR LIFE.
I USED TO BE VERY TIMID BUT A DAY CAME, MY TONGUE WAS IGNITED AND TIMIDITY DISAPPEARED.
THE FAITH THAT WORKS CANNOT BE TIMID.
YOU CAN’T HAVE FEAR AND FAITH AT THE SAME TIME.
WHEN YOU HEAR A PERSON DEFY ALL ODDS, DON’T FIGHT HIM RATHER ASK HIM OF HIS SOURCE.
– Pastor Isaac Oyedepo on ‘Understanding the Faith that Works’ at Sunday Communion Service || Covenant University Chapel, Canaanland || 12th November, 2023 ||
Hallelujah! It’s good to see you again at Covenant University. I thank the Lord, our Chancellor, our Chaplaincy, for allowing me to pass by this morning. Praise the Lord.
‘UNDERSTANDING THE FAITH THAT WORKS’ has been our series. Understanding the faith that works…and I believe this is part 2 of that. We’ll spend just a little time looking at the introduction and then we’ll go to some very interesting realities of faith. Church Gist. So, understanding the faith that works, maybe you can look at this as the ‘Realities of Faith’.
It’s important to note the following:
Faith is fake if it lacks proof. Faith is fake if it lacks proof because it is proof that validates faith. ‘The Realities of Faith’. John 10:37. There is no need for a debate. Church Gist. If proofs do not follow my faith, my faith is fake. John 14:12. So, at least there should be a duplication of works and then there is a possibility of the multiplication of works.
– Lift your hands, I want to pray for somebody here. It is not an ordinary service in any way. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, for those of you called to one kind of ministry or the other, I will pray for other groups but I’m specific about this right now. The Ministry God has given to you will have proof.
Please, allow this sink in. If there is nothing to show, faith is fake.
It is also important to know that whenever faith comes alive, victory comes along. 1 John 5:4. Whenever faith comes alive, victory comes along.
– I am speaking to somebody here, that issue you are going through, you are already victorious! Are you hearing what I’m saying? That sickness that may be in your body, I stand here to decree it will not kill you, it will not see the end of you, you will see the end of it.
– Somebody shout Amen if you’re here!
Ephesians 6:16. So, whenever faith comes alive, victory comes along.
Now, the question is, if faith is this powerful why then is my faith not working? If it is not. There are a number of you here, your faith is working. Alright? So, the things you will hear will help strengthen you. Church Gist. There are some of you, your faith seems not to be working. Whatever category you belong to, there is something here for you and that’s what we’ll be examining.
Let’s quickly look at 3 or 4 definitions of faith. Are you ready? What is Faith?
1: Faith is a living force, drawn from the Living Word to create living proofs. That’s the definition of our Chancellor. What is faith? Faith is a living force, drawn from the Living Word to produce living proofs. Luke 8:40-48. You know the story of the Woman with the issue of blood…and she went and touched Him. Church Gist. Oh my God! Who is He? (Jesus) Let me hear you please, who is He? (Jesus) Will you shout His name without apology (Jesus) Come on, I’m speaking to a generation that ought to be hungry. Will you shout His name without any apology (Jesus) Let’s shout. As you are shouting it now, something is happening. Will you shout it again without apology, Jesus (Jesus).
But the question is, who is Jesus? He is the Living Word, the Living Word. John 1:1-5. ‘Him’ already talks about a person. So, the Word is not just what you carry in your hand. The Word is a person revealed from Genesis to Revelation, the Person of Jesus. Faith is that living force that is drawn from the Living Word, a person…and it creates living and lasting proofs. Church Gist. If you remove the word ‘Living’ that definition changes. If you say, ‘A force from the Word for proofs’ It looks like science, it looks like Physics but when you put ‘Living’ in front of it, now it becomes a revelation. The living force, drawn from the Living Word to create living proofs. If the Word is living then the Word must be current. Therefore, there is no sickness, no disease, no pain that this Ancient Living Word can not handle.
– Is there anybody with any form of sickness or disease? Lift your hands where you are. Just any pain of any kind. Why are we afraid to put the Living Word to work if the Word is really living? Anybody with any pain, lift your hands wherever you are. Any sickness, any diagnosis of any kind. Do you believe the Living Word is here? I can’t hear you. Let me hear the Congregation. Do you believe the Living Word is here? Are you sure you believe the Living Word is here? Now, if the Living Word is here, then we can have living proofs. If the Living Word is here then we can draw from that living force. Will you keep your hands anyone up that has any pain of any kind? Jesus the Great Physician is here, I know Him. I’ve seen incredible miracles, signs and wonders and He has not changed. Church Gist. He’s the same yesterday, today and forever. Therefore, in the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Living Word Himself, He sent forth His Word and His Word healed them and His Word delivered them from all their oppressions. Anyone with any pain, any sickness, any disease, as you shout ‘Amen’ right now, it becomes history.
I’ll say it again so you understand what is happening. Living force, drawn from the Living Word to create living proofs. Faith is what draws from the Living Word, brings about the living force that creates living proofs.
– Anyone with any symptom, you will see it before communion. As I’m speaking now, there are miracles that have taken place. Before we even take the Communion today, every form of symptom, every form of pain, every strain, everything that you could point to as uncomfortable, knee joint pain, partial deafness, eye problems, whatever it is. In the authority of the name of Jesus Christ, the Living Word Himself, I decree that, that sickness, that pain, that disease is over in the name of Jesus. Oh! I want to hear a living Amen! Amen means so shall it be. I want to hear a living Amen now!
I tell you something, we are going to hear incredible miracles that have taken place without anybody laying hands on you. Jesus didn’t have to touch her (The Woman with the issue of blood) Look at this, all she had to do was touch Him. Many times, our faith is placed in those who lay hands on us but let’s go further. Faith should rely and rest in the One whom we lay on. Church Gist. His name is Jesus. Come on, call His name, (Jesus). I’m teaching on faith. You can’t have faith without faith in His name. Call His name again, (Jesus). Call it and be very personal about it. 1, 2, go…(Jesus) Come on, call His name again! We are getting there, call His name again (Jesus).
You know, when Peter and John met the Man at the Beautiful Gate, what happened when they began to accuse them? They said it is through faith in His name that this Man has been made whole, through faith in His name has he been made whole. So, faith is that living force, drawn from the Living Word to produce living proofs.
Can I challenge you? If you truly have faith here today and it is in the Living Word then you shouldn’t leave here without proofs today and proofs this week. Is there anything you desire this week? Anybody, is there anything you desire this week? It doesn’t only have to be healing. Is there anything you desire this week? Is there anything that must not go into next week but must happen within the next 7 days, anything like that? Do you believe God is able? Are you sure you believe God is able? Ephesians 3:20.
– Lift your hands, I’m going to prophesy. Within the next 7 days, everything that must be turned around for you because your faith is placed in the Living Word, in the name of the Lord Jesus, from healings to deliverances, to open doors, to financial breakthroughs, to favours, to academic success, to whatever it may be. I decree right now, it is done in the name of Jesus!
– Is there somebody here? Your documents have been held down somewhere. It seems that you’ve applied for something, there is a delay. Church Gist. It could even be visas. It seems like there is a delay, you can’t explain how, you can’t explain why. But in the name of Jesus, whoever must release what belongs to you, from tonight, they will not have rest until they release it.
2: Faith is a spiritual engraftment, I love this…of our humanity into divinity thereby empowering us to command dominion. I’ll come again, faith is a spiritual engraftment of our humanity into divinity. Remember, we are looking into these realities of faith…our humanity into divinity thereby empowering us to command dominion. Engraftment…that is not new to you in the University community so, I don’t need to spend time explaining that. Church Gist. Engraftment. Roman 11:19-23. We see that God is able to graft us back again. You can take a different branch, place it on a different stalk, put them together and in a matter of time they are grafted in, or it is grafted in, or the branch is grafted in. It is abnormal for you to be born again and to be making statements as ‘What will I do as a human being? In faith, humanity is engrafted into divinity thereby becoming divinity.
Psalm 82:6. Why? A man has been grafted into God, it only takes a matter of time, what will that man now be called? A god. No wonder, when they saw the exploits of Paul, they exclaimed ‘Gods are come down to us in the likeness of men’ Let me shock you this Morning, you are gods but you look like man. You are a god but you look like a man. It is a mistake for anybody to think you are an ordinary man. Let them touch you first, then they discover that even if you look like them, you are not them. Church Gist. Engraftment exchanges humanity for divinity. Therefore, you begin to do things that people can not explain. John 3:8. When you are born of the Spirit, call it being born again, you are grafted into Him. I’ve never touched this depth before. So, you are man, a branch placed on the Stalk or the Root of God. Bit by bit, by bit, you are grafted in and you cannot tell the difference anymore. You say it and it happens. You wave your hand and miracles take place. You breathe on the Sick and it’s like the breath of God comes on them.
Hear me, that is not magic…that is engraftment. Man was not living but when God breathed His breath into man, man became a living soul. Genesis 1:27. When you understand that and you breathe on the Sick, something happens. I’m giving you depth of the Miraculous now…that is the Breath of God, but you better be sure that you are engrafted in Him. Engrafted in Him! When you see someone speak the way they speak, they know this Mystery. It’s not that I am unique, no. Church Gist. I’ve just been grafted. Human, grafted into divinity so, if you like, my last name is now divinity. I can act like Him, speak like Him. I love the Scriptures that say ‘Be ye imitators of God’ Who has that scripture for me? Is that in Ephesians 5 or where is that? Right? What scripture? ‘Be ye imitators of God’ (Ephesians 5:1. The Passion Translation) Another translation says ‘Copy Him’ Act like Him, talk like Him, move like Him, imitators of God.
So, faith engrafts humanity into divinity, thereby making humanity, divinity.
Whatever you want, say it – it will happen. Can I give you a few things to say? Are you ready? Say with me “I will not die ordinary, no accident can kill me, I will shake my generation, I will be relevant, I will fulfill destiny.” If you want it, say it.
3. Faith is putting God’s Word to work believing. This sounds very simple but very right. “Be imitators of God.” Ephesians 5:1. Church Gist. Have you noticed if your children really love you, they want to act like you? All of you don’t have children yet but for those of you who love your parents…if you find a young man who truly loves his father without trying so much, he wants to be like his father.
I’m reminded of the story of one of the generals of faith (I love biographies) the Archbishop Benson Idahosa and there was this public display and the Secretary of the witches in Benin City then (and I think in Africa) said “we are bringing our conference to Benin” and the Archbishop said “I like to meet with that fellow and I want it taped on national TV…and then this man looked at the Archbishop and said “we are going to have our meeting.” The Archbishop said “you cannot have it in my city.” He said “we are going to have it and even if God comes down, it will take place.” Church Gist. The Archbishop said “you are correct but God doesn’t need to come down, I am here. God is too busy to leave His throne and come to one village in Benin City because witches are talking. I am here to take charge. If I say no, it is no.” The meeting never held and history has it that they moved the meeting to Southern Africa. They couldn’t hold it in Benin City because a man said “I am here, God doesn’t need to come down, I have imitated Him enough. If I say no, it is no.”
For everyone of you that truly desires, no one in this First Service will live an ordinary life. You know your parents may be watching but I am going to decree something that will hit them very hard. No matter the record your parents have set, 5 years after graduation, you will beat that record! Somebody is saying “but I worked hard for 30 years to get here” well the revelation you are catching this morning as one engrafted to God, it’s only a matter of time. Church Gist. Humanity becomes divinity and divinity is reflected in humanity and humanity can now have it like divinity has it.
I hereby decree in the authority of the name that is above every other name, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth (and) as a correct imitator of God, whatever works in scriptures will begin to work in your own reality!
Faith is putting God’s Word to work believing. John 2:1-11. (We don’t have to read this.) You know when water was turned into wine, all they had to do was obedience. Church Gist. There is almost nothing that proves (please hear this, this is very important)… almost nothing validates faith like action. Our generation needs this. We have so much revelation but so little action. We have so much in our notes of “thus saith the Lord” but very little in our lives of “thus moveth the man.” God has spoken and spoken to you and He is already tired of speaking (but) you haven’t taken one step. Somebody is saying “I just want all the details correct before I take a step” – that’s not faith.
God told Abraham “follow me to a land I will show you” and Abraham departed. There is always a fraction of the unknown in every instruction of faith” – the unknown. “Come Peter, walk on water” – Peter stepped out. ‘What if he will sink? What if he will not sink?’ ‘What if I will fail obeying God? What if you will not fail?’ ‘What if I go and that is the end of what people hear about me?’ What if you go and that is the beginning of what they begin to hear from you?’ Church Gist. There is always the factor of the unknown.
They put water and took the water and served the Governor of the feast. What if that was the end of their lives? What if that became the beginning of their lives? ”Putting God’s Word to work believing.” I challenge you under the Holy Ghost this morning “what has God said to you that you are still analyzing? Church Gist. What has He instructed you that you are still waiting for validation from men?” Those who fear men will have their faith challenged in God.
“Launch out into the deep, let down your nets for a draught” and you know the story…net breaking, boat sinking (and the Lord opened my eyes to see) friend calling and enemy angering order of breakthrough by action. Church Gist. That’s why it is called obedience of faith. Faith is putting God’s Word to work believing.
4. Faith is sharing responsibility with God in the light of scriptures to have your desires fulfilled – responsibility with God. Response – ability. Responsibility (response – ability). You will never know the power at work in you until you respond. I’m speaking by the Spirit. The things I’m speaking to you, I didn’t write them down – by the Spirit. Ephesians 3:20…but that power comes when we respond. So there you have 4 quick definitions of faith. Of course take a scripture for the 4th definition. John 21:5-6 (you know that very well). “Children, do you have any meat?” He said “cast your net on the right side.” Respond even when the instruction does not make sense. Church Gist. What is the difference between the left side of the ship and the right side of the ship? If there is no fish here (on the left side), why will there be fish here (on the right side)? Won’t they pass under the same water? But respond!
So faith, we’ve looked at 4 definitions.
– A living force drawn from the living Word to produce living proofs.
– A spiritual engraftment of humanity into divinity.
– Putting God’s Word to work believing and
– Sharing responsibility with God.
As we close this morning, the faith that works has 4 characteristics among many. This is not all but 4 characteristics among many that we want to look at this morning.
1. The faith that works is heart seated faith. Romans 10:10. Heart seated not head but heart! There are things your head will never comprehend but your heart can comprehend – heart seated faith. Church Gist. Hebrews 4:2-3 (I had this great study yesterday). Faith is of the heart so he was referring there to the heart and if you look at verse 3, if you want to enter into your rest, it starts from the heart.
2. The faith that works must be bold speaking faith.
Something will happen to someone’s tongue today. You will begin to speak things you never dared say before. I used to be very timid but a day came and my tongue was ignited. Church Gist. You stand in a stadium of 100,000 people, you are not shaking…a meeting of 200,000 people – you are not moved. It’s not a thing of experience. Fire doesn’t need experience. Fire just needs the exposure to burn. I speak to somebody here, in the authority of the name of Jesus, may your tongue be set on fire now. Our generation needs you!
‘Bold speaking faith.’ The faith that works cannot be timid. The faith that works is clothed in boldness. Acts 4:13-16.
I pray for somebody here and I do not know your name in any way but I hear the bidding of the Spirit. Things will happen by your hand that nobody can debate anymore. Church Gist. Something before this year is over will happen by your hand (God using you to do it) that will bring an end to discussion.
There are things that seem common (“are we sure it happened”), there are other things that are notable. “Notable miracle has been done, we cannot deny it. Leave these men alone, they are not ordinary. They’ve been engrafted, they’ve been with Jesus. If Jesus did it, they are doing it and they are set to do greater works than He did.”
3. The faith that works must be fear free faith. Let me quickly tell you “you cannot fear man and have faith in God.” The reason why there is fear is usually the introduction of a man that seems to have taken the place of God. Church Gist. In Matthew 14:26-28, a man called Peter that I gave reference to walked on water and when he began to sink, it was because of fear. So his first few steps were in faith but when he saw the storm, he began to fear. But thank God he took a few steps in faith because he is the third man I believe (I don’t know if my study is right) but the first Adam must have walked on water because how are you able to name all the animals and all the fishes and all of that – so he had the ability to swim, he had the ability to walk on water. The 2nd Adam had the ability, Jesus did but then Peter. When faith was intact and fear was nowhere around him, he walked on water. What a beautiful experience it is to be able to say “I also walked on water like Jesus?” That was a product of faith. You can’t have fear and faith at the same time.
4. The faith that works must be testimony (I love this) provoked faith. I am a student of biographies. If you are truly reading the things some of us read, you will not be satisfied. I don’t blame you, you are not exposed. When you hear a person defy all odds, don’t fight him. Ask “where is his source? What has he read? What testimony is he working on?” Church Gist. We have testimonies from our father, our chancellor (Dr. David Oyedepo) – amazing testimonies that should stir anybody’s faith. We have testimonies of Billy Graham. “Most evangelists, they don’t live long because you know they exert so much energy” but I also noticed “it’s not every pastor that lives long.” What are you reading? Billy Graham lived to be 99. He passed on in his hundredth year – 9 months to be 100 years old.
Study men like Reinhard Bonnke. Study men like (the) Archbishop Benson Idahosa. Church Gist. Study men like W.F. Kumuyi. They are still here with us but we can study them – men who shook their world and you will become uncomfortable where you are. Testimony provoked faith! Psalm 119:111.
It was the Archbishop Benson Idahosa that said (I will never forget that statement) “if you are not inspired, you will expire.” Testimonies have a way of inspiring your faith. God did it before, He will do it again (very crucial).