SALVATION IS BEING POWERED BY AN ALTAR AND THE ALTAR THAT POWERS IT IS THE VERY THRONE THAT GOD SITS ON
YOU CAN KNOW THE PRESENCE OF AN ALTAR IN ANY LIFE, FAMILY, REGION, BY THE CONSISTENCY OF PATTERNS AND OCCURRENCES WHETHER GOOD OR BAD
A LIST OF NEGATIVE PATTERNS THAT CONFIRM THE PRESENCE OF AN ALTAR
THE ENTIRE CONCEPT OF ALTARS DID NOT COME FROM SATAN AND WAS NEVER USED BY SATAN FOR A LONG TIME. THE IDEA OF ALTARS WAS GOD’S OWN IDEA
THROUGH THE ENTIRE BOOK OF GENESIS, EVERY TIME THE WORD ALTAR WAS USED, IT WAS BY MEN WHO FEARED GOD AND IT WAS UNTO GOD – THE GOD OF THE BIBLE
THE KIND OF TROUBLE WE ARE IN AS A NATION OR AS AFRICA IS AN ALTAR MORE THAN JUST WHO IS THERE AND WHO IS NOT THERE
ASSOCIATION CAN HELP YOU PARTAKE OF ALTARS THAT ARE UPON THE LIVES OF PEOPLE TOO
YOU KNOW THE PRESENCE OF ALTARS IN A LIFE BY THE CONTINUITY OF PATTERNS AND OCCURRENCES
- Apostle Joshua Selman on “THE MYSTERY OF ALTARS” || LET THEM HAVE DOMINION (Part 2)
Koinonia, 17th July 2022 (Part A)
Father we ask tonight that you will speak to us, we have come with hearts opened, we have come with our spirits opened, we have come with our minds opened, we pray in the name of Jesus that this will be one service that will transform our lives indeed. Church Gist. Bring us liberty by your word and let Jesus be glorified in Jesus’ name we pray.
We have been on a teaching series titled, ‘LET THEM HAVE DOMINION’ (part two) the goal is to bring the saints into higher levels of authority through light, understanding. Church Gist. Tonight is part two but because of the nature of tonight’s teaching, we are discussing altars. So, we will be looking at, ‘THE MYSTERY OF ALTARS’
Genesis 35:1-7; Genesis 8:20-22. There are 3 things we are going to be looking at:
1) We want to understand what altars are from a biblical stand point
2) We want to understand the relationship between altars and the dominion of the saints
3) We will learn how to raise altars and how to pull down altars
The word, ‘altar’ is mentioned about 364 times in the Bible using King James as a reference. When you mention the word, ‘altar’ the average believer is thinking of a shrine, herbalist, or some superstitious thing. Church Gist. I hope you realize and as you will be learning shortly, that the entire concept of altars did not come from satan and was never used by satan for a long time. The idea of altars was God’s own idea.
The entire book of Genesis has the word, ‘altars’ mentioned about 10 times. And just to set the basis right, let’s look at some of these Scriptures:
Genesis 8:20 – it will interest you to know that this was immediately after the flood. How do you come out of a flood, and the very first thing you are doing is to build an altar? Church Gist. Not to celebrate, not to discuss, not to laugh at those who perished? He went straight and he built an altar.
Genesis 12:7-8; Genesis 13:3-4,18; Genesis 22:9; Genesis 26:25; Genesis 33:19-20
We are looking from the law of first mention that every context of the altar captured in Genesis had nothing to do with any demonic interaction.
Genesis 35:1,3,7. This is the entire mention of the word, ‘altar’ in the book of Genesis. Exodus 17:14-15.
You would see that from the entire book of Genesis you do not find any reference to altar being made or done with any demonic proposition; that every time you saw the idea of altar, it was by men who feared God and it was unto God. Church Gist. In fact, in some of the references, it was God Himself who told the men, make an altar there. And you would notice from the Scriptures that we read, that every time they erected altars, they erected altars and called upon the name of the Lord from that point or, they erected altars to honour something spectacular God had done. Church Gist. Either a covenant He gave them or some kind of promise or, before or after disaster, they erected altars.
The subject of altars has been addressed across boards, we’ve had people as always approach it scripturally and intelligently, but we’ve had people also approach it in a way that is not entirely scriptural. Church Gist. And so, when we mention the word, ‘altar,’ most believers especially believers that are quite sound in the Word, immediately frown at the concept because the only idea of altars we have is the idea that has largely been communicated by the prophetic and apostolic ministry. And I confess to you that not much justice has been done as far as bringing a sound biblical exegesis on the subject of altars. Church Gist. Many have used it as a ritual to delve into extra biblical practices, to manipulate people, but I have taught you that just because a spiritual concept is not communicated properly, or is used to manipulate people does not mean that concept is unscriptural.
Here is the Bible speaking to you, the entire book of Genesis, and every time the word altar was used, it was by men who feared God and it was unto God – the God of the Bible. Church Gist. What then is an altar?
1) An altar is a place, a platform or a system where the spirit realm makes contact with the physical realm on legal grounds. Luke 1:10-11
2) An altar is also a platform for authorization of laws, and authorization of spirits to function upon the Earth.
3) An altar is a platform where covenants are activated and maintained.
There many people who have risen to notable levels of excellence, manifesting super human abilities, and commanding strange levels of result that seem to dumbfound people both in the Church as believers and then, people outside the faith life. Church Gist. The level of invincibility that is shown in their exploit and their result seem to keep people at a loss, “how are these people achieving this?” Whether it is in politics and governance, business and finance, spirituality of all sorts, and all of that. There are those who have lived in denial as to the reality of such a concept of altars, then there are those who have admitted that there is such a concept, but they are clueless as to the dynamics of the workings of these altars.
Many of us today, I submit to you, are victims of altars. Many of us are more affected by altars than we can imagine. I will be showing you why it is possible to pray and fast over certain issues and then nothing happens. Church Gist. Many people have tried binding and casting situations, quoting Scriptures and speaking, dry fasting and all kinds of fast, and yet, certain situations seem to stand and stare them at the face. This situation seem to make Jesus look powerless, the faith life uninteresting, but you see the Bible says, it is through knowledge that the just will be delivered. Church Gist. I have studied this subject myself and in studying it to prepare for this meeting, I was amazed at how many other things about altars that I did not even know myself.
Altars can be physical monuments, institutions, men, non-material platforms. The patriarchs commanded superior levels of dominion on Earth because they understood the mystery of altars. Altars allow all kinds of spirits to find expression on Earth and among men. Church Gist. Let me tell you the truth: if God grants us grace and we understand this revelation and pray the prayers we are praying tonight, you will marvel and wonder at the levels of result that you will begin to command in your Christian life.
An individual can be a victim of negative altars. A Church can be a victim of negative altars. Church Gist. A nation can be a victim of altars. Individuals, businesses and co operations, can be victims of altars.
The major assignment of an altar is to give authorization and continuity to any spiritual activity on Earth whether godly or demonic. Church Gist. It means that anything that is recurrent and remains, is powered by an altar. This immediately becomes the litmus test to check the presence of altars good or bad.
Every time God made promises or a covenant, immediately they would build an altar so that even when they were not there, there would be a platform for the continuity of that statement.
You can know the presence of an altar in any life, family, region, by the consistency of patterns and occurrences whether good or bad. Church Gist. That means of certain good things keep happening to you regardless the surrounding circumstances, there is an altar that is powering what is happening. If certain evils and certain patterns keep reoccurring regardless the effort you are putting, it is because it is being powered by altars. For example, salvation. Salvation is being powered by an altar that is why any day and any time anyone confesses Jesus, you don’t have to be there, an angel does not have to be there to supervise it, there is an altar already that supports that ordinance that whosoever believes in the name of the Lord, that person shall be saved. Church Gist. And the altar that powers that statement is the very throne that God sits on.
If salvation were not powdered by an altar, it would be impossible for all men to be saved.
Another example: the blessing of the Jewish nation. The blessing of the Jewish nation is powered by altars. Church Gist. When you go to Israel, many of them still practice Judaism but in truth, many of them are not born again. They have not believed in the Lord God of Heaven. Yet that covenant being powered by an altar still insists that the Jewish nation will remain on top and above whether they are in Israel or in Africa, whether they know it or not, they just find out that you can stand with a Jew and there seems to be an advantage that he himself cannot explain.
An example of negative altars: all kinds of wrong addictions, negative patterns are powered by altars. Let me list a few of them for you. Church Gist. If I am listing this, and it ever affects you, just know that whether you admit it or not, it confirms the presence of an altar.
1) The presence of Mysterious diseases and infirmities whether as an individual or a family, or a territory. Usually these diseases you see are also passed through the blood line. Church Gist. There may be a medical explanation and medicine is there as a symbol of God’s mercy but I am telling you using higher spiritual intelligence, those sicknesses can only remain because of the presence of altars
2) All kinds of sexual and immoral perversions: it does not matter how sincere the victims are, that’s not the issue; it is that there is an altar that powers it. That’s why you can hear stories of an adult doing something funny with a minor and a baby and it does not make human sense. Church Gist. I’m sorry to say it, but this is also what has generated into these various versions of perversions we have in our society. The victims do not even know what is drawing them. It is not just about your will alone, it is that there is a force that is operating on legal basis.
3) Depression and mental health issues: there are things that have to do with fatigue and all of that, but for most people, they do not know that most mental health issues need more than counselling. Church Gist. When Jesus saw mad men, watch what the mad man in Gadarenes, he was always hiding in caves and hurting himself.
4) Witchcraft and idol worship: you will be amazed at how many Christians today love God sincerely but something keeps drawing them back to still revisit foundations of idolatry. It does not matter whether you’re a man of God, business man. Church Gist. I’m not scaring you; there’s victory at the end of this teaching but you must know what is there. You don’t gain victory by running away from the truth; you gain victory by knowing the truth.
5) Stagnation and delays
6) Near success syndrome: that people see it but never possess it. You do an interview to the last point, then you don’t go again. Church Gist. You will always see the beginning of things but never see their end. You can look around and know people in your life who are excellent starters but the power to continue and even finish anything is not there.
7) Barrenness and short-lived success; Barrenness of all kinds especially biological barrenness. Short-lived success means you enjoy every blessing but it does not last. Church Gist. There are some of you the moment you see good things happen to you, you even start crying because you know as a track record that good things never remain. You buy a car, as soon as you are rejoicing, that car will hit a convoy. They will bring you out and say you should sit on the ground first. Barrenness! How many people do you find there is nothing medically wrong with them, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t have children? Some of them may go as far as getting pregnant and if you ask them and they’re honest they will tell you about their experiences. Church Gist. Somewhere within that pregnancy period, here comes strangers, visitors in the night either molesting them, or doing some kind of thing and that ends it.
There are many more expressions but these are some of the major expressions.
God is my witness and I lie not: years ago, I travelled somewhere and I met someone. I asked him what does he do? And he said he works with a security company, PhD. I mean it. Church Gist. And out of frustration, he said he can’t leave his family like this, he has to just find a way. I said no now, this cannot be God because in terms of value, that person has paid his price. So, it’s not about laziness.
- In the name of Jesus Christ, everything that is not of God and anything being powered by any altar, this is night where we will scatter it once and for all.
So, you know the presence of altars in a life by the continuity of patterns and occurrences. How many of you know about a man called Jabez in the Bible? Ladies, imagine if Jabez was your life partner? Church Gist. Can I tell you this? These are some of the things prophets detect by prophecy and because many of them, respectfully speaking, are not sound in the Word, they call the victims witches and wizards. They are just detecting the presence of altars but it does not mean the individuals are necessarily bad.
Association can help you partake of altars that is upon the lives of people too. When the realm of the spirit is against you, it will also be against anything that supports you. When God was against Jonah, Jonah 1, Jonah simply entered a boat and all the people who were the passengers there did not know. Church Gist. Forget who was against him, the most important thing is that the realm of the spirit was against him. You will think he only jumped into the belly of the fish alone but the they had lost things because of one person.
The same way Jesus was inside a boat, and those who would have died were preserved because of his presence. Do you know the meaning of that? Church Gist. It means because of what you are learning tonight, everybody around you will now finally be a partaker of this blessing in the name of Jesus Christ. The formula always remains that when He sends a Word into Jacob, He intends that it lightens upon Israel.
Go and read the history of America and you will find out that when that nation was about to be born, they erected an altar, and called upon the name of the Lord officially and said, God, we are officially saying that you are the God. Church Gist. That’s why regardless what happens, that altar still speaks because based on the law of cause and effect, many nations should not be where they are economically. Yet there is an altar that seems to veto these limitations.
Many of our forefathers, from the sincerity of their hearts, many of them out of the fear of being victims of wars, poverty, and whatever, many of them went to meet the devil because it was these deities that many of them knew. Church Gist. And so they met them on legal basis and had all kinds of fraternities and partnerships. Today, they are long gone but altar does not know time.
Read your Bible, where Jacob had an encounter in chapter 28, that was where Abraham built an altar. That altar was working every day. Church Gist. It just happened that Jacob slept and found something that was already (working). There was a procession, angels ascending and descending.
There are many people who turn their homes into altars. They were not very born again but they supported missionaries, turned places in their house to become a place where missionaries could stay during crusades. Church Gist. They did not know what they were doing and some of the missionaries prayed there in their silence. Have you seen many people not serious with God and yet it seems like God cannot leave them?
You see this our nation and Africa? The kind of trouble we are in? If you think it’s just a political trouble think again. Do you not see the consistency of the operations regardless what government comes? Church Gist. It is an altar more than just who is there and who is not there. Do you not see what happens to people during election? It is as if something just comes on people and nobody knows what he is doing until after everything, everybody starts complaining.